Source code, schematics and all documentation is now available on a seperate page dedicated to this project.
This is my biggest undertaking yet. It's an autonomous paintball robot.
This is my team's entry in the ORE's (Ottawa Robotics Enthusiasts) annual Splat-Bot event.
For the time being, check out the Media Gallery for a short clip from the Splat-Bot 2001 event.
- Base length: 16"
- Turret Diameter: 10"
- Total Height: ~18"
- Class: Heavy Weight! (;
- Atmel AtMega128 Microcontroller (STK-300 development board)
- 4KBytes of SRAM
- 128KBytes of FLASH
- 4KBytes of EEPROM
- Approx. 16 MIPS at 16Mhz!
- Built-in I2C module
- Hardware Multiplier!
- 12V 17Ah Battery
- High velocity Paintball gun with 14 1/2" barrel
- Differential drive steering using 2 High Torque Gearbox motors
- Laser Scanner for target detection/tracking (I2C Controlled)
- Custom High Current Motor Controller board (I2C Controlled)
- Rotating Turret using High speed Stepper
- Custom Stepper Controller
- SRF04 Sonar module (I2C Controlled)
- Two Sharp GP2D15 Infrared side proximity detectors (I2C monitored)
- Implements Rodney Brooks' Subsumption Architecture
- Based on AVRX RTOS (Real-Time Operating System)
- I2C Interface to Laser Scanner Module
- I2C Interface to mobile's base PCM (Peripheral Control Module)